Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Disney Clock


Obviously. still not a great Blogger- but I am still a faithful reader and I love reading my friends blogs!

Tonight it kind of made me laugh when I went to my blog via a link on another friends blog just to check my Disney Cruise clock. It was something like one month, three weeks and some change.

I booked that cruise last October! When I was doing it I could hardly think about it let alone let myself be excited, but now I am starting to look forward to it. Sunday afternoon, Frontier Airlines called about our flights- my first thought was that they had been canceled. When actually they were calling to say that our flight times had been changed there actually better.
Last week was the 4th of July and we had a great weekend! It started on Thursday as we were invited to a friends for a BBQ and fireworks in Erie. At first, when John invited us & said to bring the kiddos cause there would be fireworks that night...We were a little skeptical- especially if you know John... I heard Mark mention several times that Thursday was the 3rd not the 4th...

There were fireworks in Erie- and John lives just off the golf course so we had a good spot & the boys loved it. Actually, they loved the whole night playing Guitar Hero with friends, and jumping off John's new bed- Sorry. We didn't leave till 11:00pm and the second the kids were in their car seats they were out. Thank you, Brother John for a great start to the 4th!

4th of July morning we had breakfast together- I made a quiche that we use to make at the
Bed & Breakfast I worked at in college- Leeann, I still have the egg puff recipe memorized.
That afternoon we went to my aunt's house in Loveland they have a beautiful property on the west side, and have the annual family 4th of July BBQ. As always, the food & company was great! On the way home I suggested that we stop at a stand and get the boys some fireworks, so we did. I was thinking a few tanks & sparklers. Mark stepped up and bought $60 worth of stuff for them. On the way home, I told Mark that I was just going to get a few small things for them, and Mark said I was so boring...He also said that the kids should remember their 4th of July's as fun and that their Dad always got them cool stuff. He is awesome at making things fun and extra special for them.

Mark and I have always said that one of our jobs as parents was to give our kids as many experiences as we could- Thankfully, they have their Dad to make them more exciting!





1 comment:

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

Yay for fun dads! Sounds like your 3rd and 4th were a blast! (Literally?!)

Okay, I'm soooo jealous you're going on a Disney cruise. I didn't know! I can't wait to hear all about it. I'll bet it will be awesome.

And yes, your blogging consistency is lacking just a tad. :) But it doesn't matter a bit. I look forward to your new posts and updates!